Guarantees, Terms and Conditions
Patches backs every product we manufacture with outstanding customer service and our 100% quality guarantee.
Each custom patch is created by our dedicated team using the information you have provided in order to produce the product you want. To ensure it all goes to plan you and we both have responsibilities – these are outlined below and are the terms and conditions that cover all of our sales and sales enquiries. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Patches is responsible for:
- Our 100% Quality Guarantee. Patches backs every patch we manufacture with our 100% Quality Guarantee. We will replace (at no additional charge to you) any defective patch. If you are unhappy with the quality of your patch you will need to return it to us within 30 days of receipt with a written explanation outlining the problem. For purposes of this Agreement, the term “defect” or “defective” means a manufacturing error.
- Giving you accurate information. Prior to starting draft production of a custom patch, you will receive via e-mail a quote based on the information you have supplied us. Once you have confirmed that you would like to proceed and we have received your deposit (detailed below) you will be emailed a photo of your draft custom patch. This will allow you to spell check, verify colour, size and make any additional changes or corrections prior to starting final production. Once you have confirmed that the draft patch is what you want and the 50% deposit is paid production will begin.
- Colour matching of custom patches. We can either colour match visually by choosing thread that matches the image you have supplied, or by you coming into the factory, or where possible by you knowing the Madeira thread numbers that you want. If it’s important to you that your colours are exact you can check out the Madeira colour charts here https://www.sewingsupplies.co.nz/colour-charts/ always remembering that on screen colours can be a little different from actual.
- Producing and delivering your patch on time. Once we have obtained your approval on the order confirmation described above, we will produce your custom patch within 10 working days. Large or specialty orders may require additional production time and if we think there will be a delay we’ll let you know. Replacement orders are subject to the same production time frames (as stated above) as the original order.
- Once payment is made in full, your patch will be sent to you via the postal system that you have selected or paid for. Delivery times will depend on postal service levels as outlined on their websites. You can find delivery time information for NZ Standard Post here, and NZ Courier Post here.
- Online Ordering and Payment System. Patches offers secure online credit card processing and the Stripe payment system to our customer’s. The security of your financial and personal information is very important to us, and we promise to ensure that your information is kept safe.
- Listening to you! We want you to have a great experience when you order your patch. If you have concerns, constructive criticism, or compliments, we’d love to hear from you. Phone us on 027 55 55 573 or contact us via email at email@example.com. (Please note that we rarely answer the phone due to the noise in the factory.
You are responsible for:
- Legal ownership of any and all logos, trademarks and copyrights. By submitting your design to Patches, you warrant that you have the legal right to reproduce (or have reproduced) any logos or other images associated with your order. You also certify that the production of any images you submit do not infringe on any other person/entity’s intellectual property rights.
- Giving due attention to the proof provided. Once you receive the emailed custom patch draft, carefully review it in detail. Please give special attention to (1) the design you have chosen, (2) the spelling of words you have chosen, (3) the colours you have chosen, (4) the size of the patch. If there are no changes or corrections to your proof, return your approval to us via reply email, otherwise let us know what needs to be changed. If major design changes to your custom patch are required, you may need to pay for further digitization. Because we are producing a custom-made patch with no commercial market for cancelled orders, an approved order may not be cancelled or refunded for any reason.
- Payment for your patch. Lots of work goes into digitizing and creating a draft custom patch for you. Therefore a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the order value or $25 incl GST, whichever is greater, is required before we can make your draft patch.
- All custom patches, will require payment of a digitization fee of $35 incl GST. Once we have made your final custom patch you will need to pay the final balance for your patch/es before we can send your package to you.
- Any custom patches that are not paid for in full will be held for 3 months, after which they may be sold to recover our costs or destroyed if they have no commercial value. Draft custom patches that do not go on to be completed may be used in printed or online promotional material unless you specify otherwise.
- Receiving Your Product. It’s our goal to have your patch/es delivered to you on or before the date you require. We hope you understand, however, that we cannot be held responsible for delays in shipping which are beyond our control, such as inaccurate/undeliverable address information, the loss or delay of your package by NZ Post or NZ Courier Post, or the unavailability of the addressee.
- You must inform us within 7 days of the expected delivery date if your package has not arrived in order for us to make a claim with NZ Post or NZ Courier Post. In addition, there will be a shipping charge if the patch is to be shipped to a location outside New Zealand.
- Care of your product. Any care instructions provided with your patch must be followed to ensure that it remains in good condition. We cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by misuse or incorrect care of your patch.
All sales are final. Due to the custom nature of the patches we manufacture, all sales are final. Once an order has been submitted for production, it may not be cancelled for any reason.
Patches does not issue refunds, give credits or offer discounts. As mentioned previously, if one of the products we manufacture is found to be defective, we will happily replace it (at no additional charge to you). You just need to return your patch/es with a written explanation of the problem to us within 30 days of receipt.
Trademark/Copyright infringements. Should Patches be named in a copyright/trademark infringement lawsuit arising out of Patches’ use of a copyright/trademark protected item provided by you for use in your product, you agree to indemnify Patches for any damages and/or litigation-related expenses borne by Patches.
All of the products displayed on this web site containing corporate logos or registered trademarks are shown only to illustrate the reproduction capabilities of Patches. Purchase of merchandise from Patches in no way, shape or form grants you permission to reproduce logos, nor does it transfer, grant or lease ownership of any logos or trademarks to you.
Digital images remain Patches property. All digital images of your custom patch remain the property of Patches and unless otherwise specified by you they may be used in printed or online promotional material.
We look forward to working with you, now and in the future!